Making a stand against junk food ads

How can I complain about a junk food ad I’ve seen?

Food marketing on television, radio, print media (newspaper or magazines), cinemas, outdoor signs, websites and email are covered by several codes developed by the advertising and food industries. Complaints under these codes can be made to the Advertising Standards Bureau.

Alternatively, tell us about any food marketing aimed at children you have seen and we will lodge a complaint on your behalf.

Email [email protected]  with the following details:

What company and product does the advertising or marketing example or issue relate to?

Where and when did you see/hear the advertising or marketing communication?

What type of advertising or marketing communication was it (e.g TV commercial, billboard)?

Brief description of the advertising or marketing communication.


Join our campaign

Let's stop junk food advertisers targeting our kids. We'll email you campaign updates and opportunities to get involved.

By clicking 'Sign up now', I acknowledge that I have read and agree to Cancer Council NSW's Privacy Collection Statement.